McHenry City Council to consider 2016-17 appropriation ordinance
The McHenry City Council will meet at 7:00 p.m. Monday.
The McHenry City Council is the elected legislative body responsible for considering and enacting the various codes and ordinances of the municipality. It includes seven aldermen representing each city ward.
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by the city of McHenry:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Presentation: Oath of Office presented to McHenry Police Sgt. Eric Sexton
5. City of McHenry Mission Statement
6. Call to Order a Public Hearing for the presentation of Fiscal Year 2016/17 Appropriation Ordinance in the amount of $50,045,574.
a) Motion to approve the Fiscal Year 2016/17 Appropriation Ordinance in the amount of $50,045,574
7. Public Comment: Any person wishing to address the City Council will be required to step forward to the podium and identify themselves for the record and will be asked but are not required to provide their address. Public Comment may be restricted to three minutes for each individual speaker. Order and decorum shall be maintained at public meetings.
8. Motion to approve the following Consent Agenda items:
A. Pay Application #5 to Williams Brothers Construction in the amount of $1,728,244.40 for Wastewater Treatment Plan Improvements;
B. Ordinance approving an amendment to Municipal Code Chapter 21, Streets and Sidewalks;
C. Parks Special Use/Beer & Wine Permits; and
D. Payment of Bills in the amount of $2,368,352.61.
9. Motion to adopt an Ordinance approving the request from Mixin Mingle Inc. d/b/a Mixin Mingle, for a Conditional Use permit to allow an assembly use at 1118-1122 N Green Street in the River Place retail center
10. Motion to approve a request from property owner Darren Shay for connection to municipal sanitary sewer property located at 2305 W. Country Lane in unincorporated Eastwood Manor subdivision and, approve staff recommendation not to require annexation of the subject property to the City of McHenry
11. Motion to approve an Ordinance amending City of McHenry Municipal Code Chapter 12, License and Permits Generally, to include Article III, Raffles
12. Mayor’s Statement and Reports
13. Committee Reports
14. Staff Reports
15. Future Agenda Items
Organizations in this Story
333 South Green Street
McHenry, IL 60050