Fox River Grove Board of Trustees approves reappointment to Police Pension Board
Fox River Grove Board of Trustees met Thursday, Nov. 3.
The Board maintains and enhances Fox River Grove by providing quality services to residents and businesses in a cost-effective manner, and by improving the physical and economic environment of the community through partnerships with individuals and organizations. The village board meets the first and third Thursday of each month at the Village Hall, 305 Illinois St.
Here are the minutes as provided by Fox River:
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF THE PRESIDENT AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2016
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL President Nunamaker called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m. in the Municipal Center. Present at rol call were Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal, and Wall. Also present were Administrator Soderholm, Management Assistant Bechler, Chief Lukasik, and Deputy Village Clerk Majkrzak.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE The Pledge of Allegiance was recited and Trustee Knar and Trustee Wall lead the room with the singing of "Go Cubs Go" in honor of the World Series Championship.
PUBLIC COMMENT - None
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: OCTOBER 20, 2016 VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES Trustee Anderson made a motion to approve the minutes of the October 20, 2016 Village Board meeting. Trustee Curtiss seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Curtiss, Knar, and Migdal- "yes". Trustees Blohm and Wall abstained. MOTION PASSED.
2. APPROVAL: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE NOVEMBER 3, 2016 Trustee Curtiss made a motion to approve the Accounts Payable for November 3, 2016. Trustee Wall Seconded. There Was a brief discussion. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal, and Wall - "yes". MOTION PASSED.
President Nunamaker introduced Coach Achey, Coach Baker and Assistant Coach Bajorek from the Fox River Grove Middle School and their cross-country teams. The teams were recognized for a successful Season. At Sectionals, the girls team took 1" and the boys team took 2". At state, the girls team placed 8 out of 28 and the boys team placed 20 out of 27. In the individual events, Delaney Blohm came in 13' out of 25 and Joey Dragge came in 8" out of 25. The kids showed great teamWork all Season.
3. APPOINTMENTS: BOARDS, COMMISSIONS & COMMITTEES Trustee Blohm made a motion to re-appointment Dick Resseguie to the Police Pension Board with a term running from May 1, 2016 through April 30, 2018. Trustee Anderson seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal, and Wall - "yes". MOTION PASSED.
4. APPROVAL: ORDINANCE 2016-23, SURPLUS PROPERTY Chief Lukasik explained the docking Stations cannot be used with the new system but that the Richmond Police Department Could use them. They are of no value to the Village. Trustee Migdal made a motion to approve Ordinance 2016-23, Surplus Property. Trustee Curtiss seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal, and Wall-all "yes". MOTION PASSED
5. OTHER BUSINESS The FRG Memorial Library is having a contest over the winter for patrons who come in and try new apps. The prize is a free Week of Commuter parking using a space in their lot. They would like to put an article in the Village newsletter. Discussion was held. The general Consensus of the Board was to honor the Library's request and place the information in the Village newsletter.
Lamp contacted Administrator Soderholm asking if the Village wanted to install sod at the new Public Works facility instead of seed/straw at a cost of $3,500. It was decided to install seed/straw at no additional Cost.
Trustee Knar asked for a status on the downtown redevelopment. Administrator Soderholm said that the Village has received $15,000 from GART to fund the financial analysis. The developer is planning on reaching out to the Phase property owners soon and is targeting closing on the properties in the Spring of 2017. The Board requested that the developer provide firm deadlines for the closing of property purchases within Phasel. Staff will pursue a developer provided deadline.
ADJOURNMENT Trustee Wall made a motion to adjourn the Village Board Meeting at 8:40 p.m. Trustee Anderson seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal, and Wall-all "yes". MOTION PASSED.
Robert J. Nunamaker, Village President
Barbara Majkrzak, Deputy Village Clerk
Organizations in this Story
305 Illinois Street
Fox River Grove, IL 60021