Woodstock City Council met April 18.
Woodstock City Council met April 18.
Here is the agenda as provided by the Council:
CALL TO ORDER
A. FLOOR DISCUSSION:
1. Check Presentation – Friends of the Opera House
2. Recognition – Woodstock Telecommunicators
Anyone wishing to address the Council on an item not already on the agenda may do so at this time.
1. Public Comments
2. Council Comments
(NOTE: Items under the consent calendar are acted upon in a single motion. There is no separate discussion of these items prior to the Council vote unless: 1) a Council Member requests that an item be removed from the calendar for separate action, or 2) a citizen requests an item be removed and this request is, in turn, proposed by a member of the City Council for separate action.)
B. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
April 4, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
C. WARRANTS: #3756 #3757
D. MINUTES AND REPORTS:
Historic Preservation Commission Minutes March 2017
Human Resources Report March 2017
E. MANAGER'S REPORT NO. 88
1. Ordinances – Modifying the Class B-9 Liquor License and Video Gaming Fees for Non- Profit Organizations
a.) Approval of an Ordinance modifying the Class B-9 Liquor License to allow for the retail sale of package liquor by a distillery.
b.) Approval of an Ordinance amending Section 3.3.5, Video Gaming Terminals, of the Woodstock City Code, modifying video gaming fees for Liquor License C classifications. (88a) Doc. 1 Doc. 2
2. Ordinance - Removing Parcels from the City’s Tax Increment Fund Approval of An Ordinance of the City of Woodstock Deleting Certain Property From the Tax Increment Finance Redevelopment Project Area No. 1 and Amending the City’s TIF Ordinances Regarding Such Property. (88b) Doc. 3
3. Resolution - Revolving Loan – Crystal Lake Marine Approval of a Resolution authorizing a Revolving Loan for Crystal Lake Marine for a total of $75,000 to facilitate transferring this business to a Route 47 location, and providing for the expansion of business operations. (88c) Doc. 4
4. Resolution - Revolving Loan – D&A Apothecary Approval of a Resolution authorizing a Revolving Loan for D&A Salon Apothecary for a total of $60,000 to facilitate an expansion of their store into the former Diva's Attic location. (88d) Doc. 5
5. Approval of FY17/18 Positions & Salary Ranges Approval of the City of Woodstock’s General Salary Range Table and the Schedule of Authorized Positions for FY17/18. (88e) Doc. 6
6. Ordinance - FY17/18 Water/Sewer Rates Adoption of an Ordinance amending Title 6, Chapter 4 of the City Code pertaining to water and sewer rates. (88f) Doc. 7
7. Ordinance - FY17/18 Budget Appropriations Approval of an Ordinance adopting the City of Woodstock’s FY17/18 Budget. (88g) Doc. 8
8. Waiver of Competitive Bids and Award of Bid - Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Upgrades a) Approval of a waiver of competitive bids for SCADA Upgrades; and b) Authorization for the purchase from Baxter & Woodman of all necessary equipment to upgrade the City’s SCADA and related equipment for a cost not to exceed $160,000.
9. Ordinance - Renewal Old Courthouse Donation Agreements
a) Approval of an Ordinance Authorizing a Space Usage and Donation Agreement Between the City of Woodstock and Northwest Area Arts Council for the Old Courthouse Art Center at the Old Courthouse Building.
b) Approval of an Ordinance Authorizing a Space Usage and Donation Agreement Between the City of Woodstock and Talia Pavia String Academy for Space at the Old Courthouse Building.
c) Approval of an Ordinance Authorizing a Space Usage and Donation Agreement Between the City of Woodstock and Donna Jill Witty for Space at the Old Courthouse Building. (88i) Doc. 9 Doc. 10 Doc. 11
10. Waiver of Competitive Bids and Award of Bid - Mosquito Control Service
a) Approval for the City to waive the requirement for competitive bids to provide mosquito control services and
b) Award a contract for 2017 mosquito control services to Clarke for the quoted price of $4,913 per each application of larvae control products and $9,200 per each application for adult mosquito spraying. (88j)
11. Purchase –Replacement Dump Truck Purchase Approval of the purchase of a replacement dump truck and equipment utilizing the National Joint Powers Alliance purchasing program, Bid Number 081716- PMC from JX Enterprises Peterbilt, Rockford, IL, upfit by Bonnell Industries, Dixon, IL for a delivered unit price of $180,040. (88k)
12. Agreement – Architectural Services – Old Courthouse Phase II Windows Approval of an Agreement with Gary W. Anderson Architects for the provision of architectural services for initial investigative work for $4,000 for all remaining windows, and additional funding for the preparation of construction documents based on whether window restoration ($8,940) or window replacement ($5,000) is determined to be the most appropriate solution for Phase 2 construction. (88l) Doc. 12
13. Agreement – Masonry- Old Courthouse Approval of an Agreement with US Heritage Group to provide consulting services for a masonry assessment of the Old Courthouse and Sheriff’s House including material sampling, mortar matching, and recommended prioritized list of repairs including recommended phasing, and construction cost estimates for an anticipated cost of $15,133.
14. Agreement - Consultant Services – Architectural - Sheriff’s House Roof and Cornice Replacement Approval of an Agreement with Gary W. Anderson Architects for the provision of architectural services for analysis and preparation of construction documents for the repair and rehabilitation of the Sheriff’s House and Jail roof and cornices for $8,000. (88n) Doc. 14
15. Ordinance - Sign Variation – 231 Main Street Approval of an Ordinance authorizing variations of Section 13.4, 13.7, and 13.8 of the City of Woodstock Unified Development Ordinance to allow a mural to be painted on the south wall of 231 Main Street.
16. Woodstock Mural Committee – Pedway Mural Discussion
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
ADJOURN to Friday, April 21st Pavement Management Taskforce Workshop at 2:00 pm at Stage Left Café in the Opera House.
Organizations in this Story
415 Washington St
Woodstock, IL 60098-3310