Crystal Lake City Council to consider Kensington subdivision annexation agreement
The Crystal Lake City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Crystal Lake City Council is comprised of the mayor and six council members who provide leadership for Crystal Lake by envisioning and setting the city’s direction and goals, establishing policies and passing laws involving matters that include finance and budgeting, community development and appearance and legal issues. Council meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of each month in Council Chambers of City Hall at 100 W. Woodstock St.
Here is the agenda as provided by Crystal Lake:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
a. Crystal Lake Public Library Summer Reading Program
5. Approval of Minutes – May 17, 2016, Regular City Council Meeting
6. Accounts Payable
7. Public Presentation
The public is invited to make an issue-oriented comment on any matter of public concern not otherwise on the agenda. The public comment may be no longer than 5 minutes in duration. Interrogation of the city staff, Mayor or City Council will not be allowed at this time, nor will any comment from the Council. Personal invectives against City staff or elected officials are not permitted.
8. Mayor's Report
9. City Council Reports
10. Consent Agenda
a. TMJ Land Inc. (Querhammer & Flagg Funeral Home), 50 W. Terra Cotta Ave. - Motion to refer the petitioner’s request to the July 6, 2016, Planning and Zoning Commission meeting for zoning consideration and to the July 19, 2016, City Council meeting for the annexation public hearing.
11. Aroma Coffee & Wine House, 77 E. Woodstock St. – City Code Amendment to increase the number of Class “3” liquor licenses.
12. Crystal Lake Brewing, 150 N. Main St. – Temporary Use Permit request to allow mobile food vendors.
13. Crystal Lake Lions Club Lease Amendment-Final Lease Agreement.
14. Kensington Subdivision (Formerly Bryn Mawr Phase II), North of Route 176, West of Bryn Mawr Lane - Annexation Public Hearing, Annexation agreement amendment to allow R-2 PUD, R-3B PUD and B-2 PUD zoning, Comprehensive Plan Amendment, and Rezoning to R-2 PUD Single Family, R-3B PUD Multi-Family Residential and B-2 PUD General Commercial.
15. Amending Chapter 435, Sewer Use, of the City Code.
16. Resolution to support the application for Highway Safety Improvement Program funding for the Congress Parkway and Exchange Drive Signalization Project.
17. Resolution to support the application for Illinois Transportation Enhancement Program funding for the Main Street and Crystal Lake Avenue Gateway Improvement Project.
18. Resolution authorizing the execution of a contractual agreement with the Illinois Department of Revenue to enable the Crystal Lake Police Department to participate in the fiscal year 2017 Tobacco Enforcement Program.
19. Discussion Only – Downtown Property Owner Survey for Potential Special Service Area.
20. Discussion Only – Pocketed Annexations.
21. Adoption of a resolution designating items as surplus equipment and the execution of agreements with Obenauf Auction Services Inc. and other specialized brokers for the sale of surplus equipment and the scrapping of items in accordance with the City’s scrap metal policy.
22. Bid award and resolution authorizing the execution of a service contract with Conpenhaver Construction Inc. for trench drain, grate and catch basin installation.
23. Bid award and resolution authorizing the execution of a contract with Detroit Salt Co. for untreated road salt and Compass Minerals America Inc. for treated road salt for 2016/2017 with the option for a second year.
24. Council Inquiries and Requests.
25. Adjourn to Executive Session for the purpose of discussing matters of pending and probable litigation, the sale, purchase or lease of real property, collective bargaining, and personnel.
26. Reconvene to Regular Session.
27. Library Board Reappointments.
Organizations in this Story
100 W Woodstock St
Crystal Lake, IL - 60014