Woodstock City Council to swear in police chief, officers
The Woodstock City Council will meet at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday.
The city of Woodstock operates under the council-manager form of government that combines the political leadership of an elected mayor and six city council members with an appointed city manager. The city council oversees all activities in the city and serves the needs of city residents. City council meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of each month in the City Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall, 121 W. Calhoun St.
Here is the agenda of the meetig as provided by Woodstock:
Individuals wishing to address the City Council are invited to come forward to the podium and be recognized by the mayor; provide their name and aAddress for purposes of the record, if willing to do so; and make whatever appropriate comments they would like.
CALL TO ORDER
A. FLOOR DISCUSSION:
1. Swearing – In of Chief of Police John Lieb
2. Swearing – In of Deputy Chief of Police JeffreyParsons
3. Swearing - In of Sergeant George Kopulus
4. Swearing - In of Detective Jeremy Mortimer
5. Swearing - In of Police Officer Paul Farnum
Anyone wishing to address the Council on an item not already on the agenda may do so at this time.
1. Public Comments
2. Council Comments
(NOTE: Items under the consent calendar are acted upon in a single motion. There is no separate discussion of these items prior to the Council vote unless: 1) a Council Member requests that an item be removed from the calendar for separate action, or 2) a citizen requests an item be removed and this request is, in turn, proposed by a member of the City Council for separate action.)
B. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
June 7, 2016 Regular Meeting
C. WARRANTS: 3717 3718
D. MINUTES AND REPORTS:
Department of Public Works Report – May 2016
Parks and Recreation Commission Minutes – May 10, 2016
Environmental Commission Minutes – May 26, 2016
E. MANAGER'S REPORT NO. 70
1. Agreement – Woodstock Fire/Rescue District – Adoption of an Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Woodstock and Woodstock Fire/Rescue District for Cadet Code Enforcement.
2. Agreement – Fire Inspection Services - Adoption of an Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Woodstock and Woodstock Fire/Rescue District for Fire Inspection Services.
3. Award of Contract – Court Resurfacing – Approval of an award of contract for basketball court resurfacing to the lowest, responsible bidder, American Sealcoating.
4. Award of Contract – Portable Sign Trailer – Approval of an award of contract for a Portable Sign Trailer to the lowest, responsible bidder, Burris Equipment.
5. Purchase – Lighting Retrofit – Approval of the purchase of five hundred and fourteen (514) retrofit kits at six City Facilities.
6. Old Firehouse Lease with McHenry County Housing Authority – Adoption of an Ordinance authorizing a lease agreement between the City of Woodstock and the McHenry County Housing Authority for the Lease of the Old Firehouse.
7. Enterprise Zone Agreement - Adoption of an Ordinance amending the Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Woodstock, the City of Harvard and the County of McHenry regarding the Harvard/Woodstock Enterprise Zone.
8. Agreement – Talia Pavia String Academy – Adoption of an Ordinance authorizing a Space Usage and Donation Agreement between the City of Woodstock and Talia Pavia String Academy at the Old Courthouse Building.
9. Bull Valley Golf Club Road Closure and Fireworks Display Permit Approval of the following:
1.) A Fireworks Display Permit for Bull Valley Golf Club on July 1, 2016.
2.) A request for temporary Road Closure of Club Road on July 1, 2016.
10. Alcohol Exemption - Summer in the Park Band Concert – Approval of the following:
1). A waiver of the prohibition of alcohol in the public way in the Park in the Square on Wednesday, July 13, 2016.
2.) All approvals to be conditional upon the terms set forth by staff.
11. Event - “Let’s Square Dance” Street Party - Approval of the following:
1) Approval to hold a music event, “Let’s Square Dance”, on N. Johnson Street as indicated between the hours of 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM on Saturday, August 13, 2016;
2.) Waiver of the prohibition of alcohol in the public way for the fenced event-area only and during specified event hours for the aforementioned event and date only, with all alcohol consumption in the public way ceasing at 10:00 PM;
3.) Closure of N. Johnson Street between W. Jackson Street and Cass Street starting at 3:00 PM, Saturday, August 13, 2016 until Midnight on Saturday, August 13, 2016;
4.) Approval of An Ordinance Imposing Certain Temporary Traffic Restrictions and Parking Restrictions in the City of Woodstock for a N. Johnson Street event;
5.) All approvals to be conditional upon the terms set forth by staff.
12. Prevailing Wage - Approval of an Ordinance establishing prevailing wage requirements for the City of Woodstock.
13. Quarterly Financial Reports – Transmittal of the following financial reports for the year ended April 30, 2016:
a) Fourth Quarter Revenues and Expenditures Report
b) Fourth Quarter Investment Report
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Organizations in this Story
415 Washington St
Woodstock, IL - 60098-3310