Crystal Lake City Council to consider gas station liquor license request
The Crystal Lake City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Crystal Lake City Council is comprised of the mayor and six council members who provide leadership for Crystal Lake by envisioning and setting the city’s direction and goals, establishing policies and passing laws involving matters that include finance and budgeting, community development, and appearance and legal issues. Council meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of each month in Council Chambers of City Hall at 100 W. Woodstock St.
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by Crystal Lake:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Minutes – June 7, 2016 Regular City Council Meeting
5. Accounts Payable
6. Public Presentation
The public is invited to make an issue oriented comment on any matter of public concern not otherwise on the agenda. The public comment may be no longer than 5 minutes in duration. Interrogation of the City staff, Mayor or City Council will not be allowed at this time, nor will any comment from the Council. Personal invectives against City staff or elected officials are not permitted.
7. Mayor's Report
8. City Council Reports
9. Consent Agenda
a. Robert E. Parrish Revocable Trust & Mary Rita Parrish Revocable Trust, 650 1/2 W. Terra Cotta Avenue -Motion to refer the petitioner’s request to the July 6, 2016 Planning and Zoning Commission meeting for zoning consideration and to the August 2, 2016 City Council meeting for the annexation public hearing.
b. Resolution authorizing a sign to be placed along the City rights-of-way recognizing Brent Kampert for winning gold medals at the State Special Olympics.
c. St. Thomas The Apostle Church, 272 King Street – Request for the closure of Lake Street between Washington Street and the western portion of the Church property on Sunday, July 31, 2016, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. for an outdoor mass and picnic.
d. Willow Creek Special Event at Three Oaks on September 11, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a rain date of September 18, 2016.
e. Downtown Crystal Lake/Main Street, Special Event, August 11, 2016 at Downtown Depot Park Temporary Use Permit request for a Special Promotion – Gazebo Dinner Fundraiser, and issuance of a class “16” Temporary Liquor License to serve wine and waiver of fees.
f. Adoption of the June 2016 Prevailing Wage Resolution.
10. 28 Holly Drive – Variation for a 5-foot fence in the corner side yard.
11. Fox Valley Animal Hospital, 6115 Northwest Highway – Parking lot variations.
12. Salvi, Urban-Temporary Use Permit to allow farming use on an “R-2 PUD” vacant property.
13. Raue Center, 26 N. Williams St. – Sign Variation to allow a 72-square foot limited duration sign, a variation of 40 square feet.
14. Clinton Oil Corporation/Crystal Lake Mobil, 250 N. Route 31 – City Code Amendment to increase the number of Class “13” liquor licenses.
15. Discussion Only-Deployed Service Member Recognition Banners.
16. Discussion Only-MCCD Prairie Trail Underpass at Route 14 & Main Street.
17. Waiver of the formal bidding requirements and to award the proposal and the execution of a service agreement for emergency repair work on Well #6 at Water Treatment Plant #2 to the lowest responsible and responsive proposer, Water Well Solutions.
18. Authorization for execution of agreements with Currie Motors for the purchase of a Ford Utility Vehicle and Roesch Ford for a Ford Utility Vehicle through the Suburban Purchasing Cooperative.
19. Council Inquiries and Requests.
20. Adjourn to Executive Session for the purpose of discussing matters of pending and probable litigation, the sale, purchase or lease of real property, collective bargaining, and personnel.
21. Reconvene to Regular Session.
22. Civic Center Authority Board Appointments.
23 Fire & Police Commission Reappointment.
24 Historic Preservation Commission Reappointments.
Organizations in this Story
100 W Woodstock St
Crystal Lake, IL - 60014