McHENRY COUNTY: No-Cost Tire Recycling Event
McHenry County issued the following announcement on May 22.
McHenry County Department of Health (MCDH) and McHenry County Division of Transportation are providing a no-charge tire recycling event for pre-registered McHenry County residents. On Saturday, June 16, pre-registered participants may drop off tires from 8 am – Noon at the McHenry County Division of Transportation 16111 Nelson Road, Woodstock Illinois. This is an opportunity for our residents to remove used/waste tires from their property and help eliminate potential disease-causing mosquito breeding sites.
The following event restrictions apply:
- Pre-registration is required by contacting the Division of Environmental Health at 815-334-4585. You will need to provide the number and type of tires you plan to bring to the event.
- Only tires from McHenry County residents will be accepted.
- Tires must be removed from the metal rim and free of water, mud and other debris.
- Tires accepted are limited to: light truck, passenger and smaller sized tires.
- The number of tires per participant may be limited by the Department.
- Tires from commercial businesses will not be accepted.
- Other types of recyclable materials or waste will not be collected at this event.
Original source can be found here.