City of Crystal Lake City Council met July 2
City of Crystal Lake City Council met July 2.
Here is the minutes provided by the council:
Call to Order
Mayor Shepley called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Mayor Aaron Shepley and Councilmembers Ellen Brady, Ralph Dawson, Cathy Ferguson, Haig Haleblian, Brett Hopkins and Cameron Hubbard were present, City Clerk Nick Kachiroubas was absent. Deputy City Clerk Eric Helm was present.
Also present were City Manager Gary Mayerhofer, City Attorney John Cowlin, Director of Finance George Koczwara, Director of Community Development Michelle Rentzsch, Director of Public Works Mike Magnuson, City Engineer Abby Wilgreen and Chief of Police Jim Black.
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor Shepley led the Council and the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of Minutes
Councilwoman Ferguson moved to approve the minutes of the June 18, 2019 Regular City Council meeting. Councilman Hubbard seconded the motion. On voice vote, all present, voted yes. Motion passed.
Councilwoman Ferguson moved to approve the Accounts Payable in the amount of 31.72. Councilman Hubbard seconded the motion. On roll call, all present voted yes except in order to avoid any possible conflict of interest, Mayor Shepley abstained on payments to Centegra Occupational Health or Northwestern McHenry Hospital or any related entities, Motion passed.
Mayor Shepley asked if anyone in the audience wished to speak on matters of general public interest or concern not included in the regular agenda, advising that they would be given an opportunity to speak when the agenda item was considered. There was no public comment.
Mayor Shepley wished everyone a Happy Fourth of July and encouraged people to attend the Independence Day parade and fireworks.
City Council Reports
Councilwoman Brady moved to approve a Consent Agenda consisting of Items 9a, 9b, with the addition of Items 10, 11, 13, 14 and 15. Councilwoman Ferguson seconded the motion, Mayor Shepley asked if anyone in the audience wished to comment on any of the listed items, noting that without any objection, they would most likely be approved. No one wished to comment. On roll call, all present voted yes, Motion passed.
9. 4. Approved the Special Event Request, Waiver of Parking Fees (Volunteers and Vehicle Owners Only), and Reservation of 40 Parking Spaces at Three Oaks Recreation Area for Mission Save a Smile, September 22, 2019.
b. Approved the issuance of a Class 16 Temporary Liquor License for the Knights of Columbus, Fr. McCormick Council #3880 for the St. Thomas the Apostle Church Parish Block Party, Saturday, August 24, 2019.
10. Approved the PZC recommendation and adopted an Ordinance granting a variation to allow a 16-foot yard abutting a street setback for a shed at 6 Heather Drive,
11. Adopted an Ordinance amending Chapter 427, Use of Right-of-Way and Chapter 428, Rights-of-Way: Construction of Small Wireless Facilities of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Crystal Lake for the adoption of a Right-of-Way Design Manual.
13. Adopted a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Dell Inc., for the purchase of forty (40) computer desktops, laptops and monitors in the amount of $39,630.56 through the Midwestern Higher Education Compact Cooperative Purchasing Program.
14. Adopted a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with CDS Office Technologies for the purchase of nine (9) mobile data computers in the amount of $25,881.00 through the State of Illinois Joint Purchasing Program.
15. Adopted a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity for grant funds awarded for the Crystal Creek Culvert Removal and Replacement Construction, and authorizing the City Manager to approve, execute, or* sign any future documentation related to this grant.
12. Bid Award - 2019 Patching Program - Municipal Partnership Initiative - Councilwoman Brady moved to award the bid for pavement patching to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, Chicagoland Paving and adopt a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a one-year contract, with options for two additional one-year extensions, with Chicagoland Paving in the amounts bid. Councilman Hubbard seconded the motion, On roll call, all voted yes, Motion passed.
Council Inquiries and Requests.
Councilwoman Brady commented about the work on the Barlina Road culvert work, She commented that the project is coming along nicely. City Engineer Abigail Wilgreen indicated that Barlina Road should be open in-mid July.
Councilmember Haleblian thanked Ms. Wilgreen for her effort in getting landscaping installed along U.S. Route 14,
Adjourn to Executive Session for the purpose of discussing matters of pending and probable litigation.
Councilwoman Brady moved to adjourn to Executive Session at 8:00 p.m. Councilwoman Ferguson seconded the motion. On roll call, all voted yes. Motion passed.
Reconvene in Regular Session
Councilwoman Ferguson moved to reconvene to Regular Session, Councilman Hubbard seconded the motion. On roll call, all voted yes, The Council reconvened at 8:49 p.m.
Adjourn There being no further business, Councilwoman Ferguson moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 p.m. Councilman Hubbard seconded the motion. On voice vote, an voted yes, Motion passed.
son moved to adjourn the meeting at 3:50