McHenry County issued the following announcement on Oct. 9.
Amendments to several sections of the Unified Development Ordinance are currently scheduled for review by the Zoning Board of Appeals on October 2nd.
Amendments are proposed that cover the following topical areas of the zoning regulations ——
- Accessory structures — setback clarifications
- Accessory solar panels — clarifications
- Setback encroachment for generators
- Ancillary dwelling units — new allowances
- Cannabis-related — revised definitions and new uses
- Towers, antennas, and wireless telecommunications — clarifications; co-locations
- Nonconforming lots of record — combinations and setbacks
- Commercial and recreational vehicle storage on residential lots
- Required off-street vehicle parking rates
- Legacy Neighborhood Overlay District setback clarification
- School impact fee (repealed).
Original source can be found here.
Source: McHenry County