Crystal Lake Police Department issued the following announcement on Jan. 3.
The Crystal Lake Police Department recently completed its participation in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted for the holiday season. Numerous Law Enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from December 16th through January 1st to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from electronic communication violations, drinking and driving, and to buckle up during late-night hours.
During the mobilization, the Department:
- Stopped an additional 48 motorists for traffic violations
- Issued a total of 42 additional traffic citations, which included:
- 20 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 7 citations for speeding
- 7 citations for failure to wear a seat belt
- 5 citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
- 3 citations for other moving violations and equipment
- Written warnings were issued for 10 vehicle code violations
- In addition, 2 subjects were arrested for driving with suspended licenses
Date: January 3rd, 2020
Contact: Deputy Chief Kotlowski
Phone: (815) 356-3730
Department: Crystal Lake Police Department
Original source can be found here.