Fox River Grove trustees back zoning variance for fence on Grace Lane property
The Fox River Grove Village Board met as a committee of the whole July 7.
All members of the Fox River Grove Village Board are members of the committee of the whole, which reviews and approves items to be placed for vote on the village board agenda. The committee of the whole meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month at Village Hall, 305 Illinois St.
Here are the neeting minutes as provided by Fox River Grove:
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL Trustee Wall called the meeting to order at 6:52 p.m. in the Municipal Center. Present at roll call were President Nunamaker, Trustees Anderson (via phone), Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal and Wall. Also present were Administrator Soderholm, Management Assistant Bechler, Chief Lukasik, and Deputy Village Clerk Majkrzak.
VILLAGE PRESIDENT AND TRUSTEES REPORTS President Nunamaker reported that the Amvets Picnic went well. It is a great event. The new gas pumps are installed at the Fuel Zone and it looks good. Discussion was held about the property maintenance issue with Norge Ski Club. President Nunamaker feels that the 12-inch weed ordinance should apply to residential properties not properties in the B3 District.
Trustee Blohm complimented Public Works for their maintenance assistance with the Rec Council soccer camp. Officer Miller stopped by and interacted with the kids.
Trustee Wall thanked the Trustees and the Special Events Committee for the great job at Rock The Routes.
1. APPROVAL: JUNE 16, 2016 COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MINUTES Trustee Blohm made a motion to approve the minutes of the June 16, 2016 Committee of the Whole meeting. Trustee Knar seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal and Wall — all "yes". MOTION PASSED.
2. DISCUSSION: ZONING CASE 2016-05, 111 Grace Lane, Fence Variance The Zoning Board of Appeals unanimously approved the variance request to install a 4-foot high picket fence in the front and side yards of their corner lot at the public hearing. The Committee inquired about the exact location of the fence and the neighboring properties. Trustee Blohm made a motion to recommend approval of Zoning Case 2016-05, 111 Grace Lane, fence variance to the Village Board. Trustee Knar seconded. All in favor.
3. DISCUSSION: PORTABLE PIER Captain Rods, the company that donated the use of a portable pier at the Veterans' Picnic, is willing to sell the pier to the Village for $1,800. President Nunamaker spoke to Public Works and the pier could be used at fishing derbies. After discussion, most trustees were not in favor of spending the money at this time.
4. OTHER BUSINESS Trustee Blohm asked for clarification of the sign ordinance and the placement of signs on the fronts of buildings. The Village is in the process of contacting the owner of the building where the pawn shop was asking him to remove the sign since the business is closed.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION Trustee Knar made a motion to adjourn to Executive Session at 7:18 p.m. Trustee Migdal seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal and Wall – all “yes”. MOTION PASSED.
President Nunamaker made a motion to reconvene the Committee of the Whole meeting at 7:30 p.m. Trustee Wall seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal and Wall – all “yes”. MOTION PASSED.
ADJOURNMENT Trustee Blohm made a motion to adjourn the Committee of the Whole at 7:30 p.m. Trustee Knar seconded. Roll Call: Trustees Anderson, Blohm, Curtiss, Knar, Migdal and Wall – all “yes”. MOTION PASSED.
Organizations in this Story
305 Illinois St
Fox River Grove, IL - 60021