McHenry County issued the following announcement on Nov. 22.
Amendments to several sections of the Unified Development Ordinance were approved by the County Board on November 19th.
Approved amendments, in brief, cover the following topical areas of the zoning regulations ——
- Accessory structures — setback clarifications
- Accessory solar panels — clarifications
- Setback encroachment for generators
- Ancillary dwelling units — new allowances
- Cannabis-related — revised definitions and new uses
- Towers, antennas, and wireless telecommunications — clarifications; co-locations
- Nonconforming lots of record — combinations and setbacks
- Commercial and recreational vehicle storage on residential lots
- Required off-street vehicle parking rates
- Legacy Neighborhood Overlay District setback clarification
- School impact fee (repealed).
Original source can be found here.
Source: McHenry County